|Written by Isaac&Carmen Gutierrez|
Depend on where you are going or what you do in life we all use some kind of transportation. However using transportation can become very expensive in certain cases. We sometimes come to think of either putting gas on your car on not buy yourself lunch and go hungry the rest of the day. With the economy in turmoil it is very hard to travel cheap. Each day we see that the gas prices increase and it becomes very hard to fill the tank now in times. But many of the times we can help the transportation situation to increase. We all should know how to help in a time that we need to save money. Every penny and effort counts for us to save money on transportation. But all hope is not lost! In this article we will learn some basic tips on how to save money on transportationâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦
1. Take basic classes on how to change your own oil. Why not ask a friend that knows how to change oil on vehicles to show you how.
2. Now that you know how to change your own oil fluids, it is time for you to put your practice on hand. You can purchace your oil and filter thatâ€™s on sale and never pay a single penny for labor.
3. A tire gauge is not a big investment, but most people ignore on buying a tire gauge. Underinflated or overinflated tires decrease gas mileage.
4. Simple have your tires rotated as schedule. (NOTE) many newer cars needs to have the tire sensors reset. Have the dealer do your tire rotation or if you are doing it yourself check vehicle manual.
5. Always read your manual and follow maintenance guide. By following the maintenance guide it will save you time and money.
6. Have your brakes check on time before they wear out. By not checking your brakes on time you may pay for expensive rotors.
7. Hey why not exchange your service with your mechanic. (Example )Let say if you work as an advertiser; why not advertise his business in exchange that he fixes your car.
8. Carpool with your friends when doing errands.
9. Plan your errands ahead of time so that you can take the easier route that will save you money on gas.
10. If you traveling on airplane, plane tickets can be quite expensive. Always book your flights in advance and some airlines there fare are in there lowest point on Tuesday and Wednesday.
11. Consider taking the train or bus to work or when you travel. My wife travels to work all the time and she most takes the bus to work and back or she takes the train too. It as save putting mileage on cars and gas.
12. I love this tip! BUY yourself a motorcycle or moped. It will take about $5 to $15 dollars to fill up a tank depend on the tank size.
13. Walk to the store instead of driving. My parents bought their own shopping basket and always walk to the store to buy their food. Itâ€™s has save a lot gas over the years. Beside it is a good exercise.
14. Drive the speed limit. Enough said!
15. Never stop abruptly or race your engine that decreases gas mileage.
16. When using public transportation, check special rates for elderly, students or disabled person.
17. If using public transportation ask for transfer stamps.
18. If using public transportation ask if monthly passes will save you money.
19. If not going to use the automobile for extended time, remove you auto policy. But remember you store vehicle inside property not on street.
20. Apply on good students discounts.
21. Make sure that your auto policy is right assistance is right for you. Like free towing, free gas, and free locksmith and opt out these benefits can save money on your policy.
22. Shop around and use coupons. If in case you have a broken windshield is it better for you to use you insurance or find a place on your own with a coupon?