|Written by Bill Hanks|
The Summer season requires special beauty tricks to protect your hair. ¬†The heat and sun can do damage to your hair without you even knowing it. ¬†This article provides some helpful tips for protecting your hair during the summer.
1. ¬†Summer hair products like shampoo and conditioner should provide extra UV protection. ¬†Light weight conditioners will nourish ad protect your hair.
2. ¬†Pool water can be very hard on your hair. ¬†This is because chlorine will build up and make your hair feel like straw. Try using a deep clarifying shampoo twice a week. ¬†This will help prevent chlorine build up.
3. ¬†Heat and humidity can wreak havoc on your hair. ¬†Both straight and curly hair can have problems. ¬†But, instead of fighting it, embrace it. ¬†A little curly hair looks great during the summer time. ¬†Focus on protecting the curls from frizzing up.
4. ¬†Put the iron away. ¬†Your hair will suffer enough from the heat.
5. ¬†Salt water can have wonderful affects on your hair. ¬†You will love the look once it has dried.
6. ¬†Colored hair needs extra protection. ¬†The sun will turn colored hair all different colors. ¬†There are products that will help reverse the drying affects that saltwater has o the hair.
7. ¬†Let your hair dry naturally after it has been washed or wet. ¬†Avoid dryers and just let mother nature take over.
8. ¬†Don't avoid the rain. ¬†Have you ever had your hair soaked by the rain? ¬†Give it a try. ¬†You will be amazed at what it will do.
9. ¬†Light blond streaks close to a tanned face looks great.
10. ¬†When choosig a summer color for your hair, stick with natural colors. ¬†The sun will naturally lighten your hair.
11. ¬†Black or brown hair looks great with Carmel highlights. ¬†Think in terms of a shade or two lighter than your natural hair color for the summer.
12. ¬†Avoid lemon juice. ¬† It will lighten your hair but, it will dry out your hair quicker than the sun.