|Written by Bill Hanks|
Ice Tea is a favorite drink for many individuals during the entire year. ¬†However, many individuals like the idea of spicing up this beverage during the summer season. ¬†This article explains how to make citrus sun tea safely for consumption.
Safe Measures to Follow
1. ¬†Use a container that has been cleaned in hot soapy water. ¬†Dip the container in a bleach solution made with 1 and 1/2 teaspoons per gallon of water.
2. ¬†If the container has a spigot, take it apart and clean it separately. ¬†This is a must.
3. ¬†Only leave your brew for 3 to 4 hours in the sunlight.
4. ¬†Do not prepare more sun tea than you will use in one day.
5. ¬†Use lots of ice and refrigerate as soon as possible.
6. ¬†If you notice that the tea is thick or syrupy, get rid of it. ¬†Bacteria has arrived.
Citrus Sun Tea Process
1. ¬†In a clean clear glass, add clean water. ¬†Some people will boil water first and let it set. ¬†I prefer clean tap water.
2. ¬†Place your tea bags inside the container with your water. ¬†Use the standard amount as normal.
3. ¬†Place your sealed container in direct sunlight.
4. ¬†Cut up you favorite citrus fruits into quarters. ¬†Use Lemons, limes and oranges.
5. ¬†During the last hour of brewing, place them inside the closed container and stir vigorously. ¬†Let them sit for the last hour.
6. ¬†Ice well and refrigerate. ¬†You are good to go.