|Written by Bill Hanks|
Recently, I had the opportunity to watch Monsterquest on the History Channel. ¬†Individuals go out and basically search for monsters. ¬†Many of these have been set up through various legends in remote areas of the USA. ¬†So I got to thinking that anyone could do this. ¬†They might even be more successful than those on Monsterquest. ¬†Whether you are looking for Bigfoot or Hogzilla, this article provides some tips to help you with your search for monsters.
1. ¬†Always have a partner or group of friends. ¬†You will need witnesses for your final report.
2. ¬†Decide what you are searching for. ¬†Narrow your search to one thing.
3. ¬†Use a map and mark the various locations of previous sightings. ¬†Check the distance and terrain between the sightings.
4. ¬†Travel to each location and interview, take pictures and collect artifacts from the area of the sighting.
5. ¬†Canvas the area and talk to other local residents. ¬†You never know when someone will come forth with important information.
6. ¬†Always get permission, before trespassing onto another persons property.
7. ¬†Collect and compare all data. ¬†You will need your partners to help. ¬†Be open and frank about your findings. ¬†Do not exaggerate findings.
8. ¬†Reevaluate your findings. ¬†Study the wildlife in the area. ¬†Many times, things and events and be caused with a simple explanation.
9. ¬†Type up your report in great detail and review it with your partners.
10. ¬†Submit a report to local officials on your findings. ¬†Law enforcement and news media are excellent for giving reports to.
Monster searching is a great way to spend a vacation. ¬†It can be exciting and rewarding. ¬†Who knows, maybe you will be the first to make contact with Bigfoot.