|Written by Bill Hanks|
Recently, my wife and I had to do some grocery shopping at the Super Market. ¬†The market was very crowded with individuals, as it was the day before the Super Bowl. ¬†We found navigation around the market was very hard. ¬†I observed many rude and unpleasant happenings that day. ¬†This article explains how to be a better customer in a store.
1. ¬†Control Your Children; ¬†Do not let them handle items, unless you are purchasing a specific item. ¬†Yes, they like to help. ¬†However, control what they do. ¬†If possible leave your children at home. ¬†You will find your shopping adventure much more enjoyable.
2. ¬†Use the right side of the lane (isle) with your cart. ¬†Pull it as far to the left as you can. ¬†Be considerate of other shoppers. ¬†If you need something on the left, leave your cart on the right. ¬†Do not leave your cart block the isle, while you shop one or two isles over.
3. ¬†If you drop something, pick it up or call quickly for assistance. ¬†Don't just take off.
4. ¬†Try not to handle produce. ¬†Yes, people like to squeeze things. ¬†However, someone might end up eating what you handle.
5. ¬†Shop don't communicate in the isle. ¬†If you run across an old friend, keep your conversation brief or move out of the way. ¬†A shopper shouldn't have to ask you to move.
6. ¬†Don't hog your way into a checkout line. ¬†Wait your turn. ¬†If you have an emergency and have to go quick, ask for permission and explain your problem.
7. ¬†Have your cash and coupons ready. ¬†Have them in hand. ¬†The last thing I want to see is a search for coupons at the checkout line.
8. ¬†Do not talk on your cellphone while checking out. ¬†This actually delays the line even more. ¬†When using your cellphone, step to the side of the isle.
9. ¬†Place the money in the cashiers hand. ¬†Only lay out the change, if you are struggling to find it.
10. ¬†Always return your cart to where you got it. ¬†If it is outside, place it correctly in the bin.
11. ¬†Do not stand on a shelf to reach up high. ¬†Get assistance.
12. ¬†If samples are offered, try them. ¬†You don't have to buy.
Finally, be polite to all workers. ¬†They have to handle massive numbers of items and deal with people. ¬†They are there to assist you, not to be a slave or for abusive language.