|How to Make Homemade Blueberry Bread|
|Written by Elise Peck|
One of my favorite breads to make is homemade blueberry bread with almonds and spices. I find the bread perfect for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee. I even find the bread to be delicious for snack in the afternoon with a cup of herbal tea as well. The bread is very easy to make, but it does take a bit of time to bake so make sure you have a bit of time before making this bread.
1 cup of cinnamon sugar
1/3 cup of melted butter
1 egg 1 cup of milk
2 cups of flour
½ cup of rolled oats
4 teaspoons of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
½ cup of sliced almonds
1 ½ cups of blueberries
1. Pour cinnamon sugar, melted butter and the egg into a mixing bowl and beat together until you get a creamy yellow fluffy mixture.
2. Add in the flour, milk, oats, baking powder and nutmeg and mix these ingredients into the fluffy buttery mixture well. The batter will be thick, moist and hard to stir, but this is normal.
3. Toss in the sliced almonds and blueberries and stir them into the batter as well.
4. Grease a bread pan with shortening or butter and scoop the blueberry bread batter into it.
5. Bake the bread in a 350-degree oven for an hour or until you can stick a toothpick in the center of it and have it come out clean.
6. Allow the blueberry bread to cool for about 30 minutes and then slice the bread up into thick slices and serve it up warm with some cups of hot coffee or tea for a delicious breakfast or snack.
1. You can sprinkle some rolled oats and cinnamon on top of the blueberry bread before baking it to add some sweet crunchy texture to the blueberry bread.
2. Fresh juice blueberries work best with this blueberry bread recipe, but frozen or canned will work fine too.