|Written by KLAistrop|
1. Start your computer in safe mode. Make sure to click Safe Mode With Networking, this allows you to still maintain a internet connection. Doing this will also allow the computer to search everything as viruses tend to hide and function in the background, safe mode will allow you to scan the computer without the virus hiding.
2. Open your search engine. The only one that can be used for this is Internet Explorer.
3. Go to Microsoft.com (A trusted company, it makes the software your computer uses)
4. Click on the security tab, go to security home.
5. Click get a free PC scan. (They also have a malicious software removal tool)
6. Let this virus scanner download and work. It will take a few hours.
7. Follow the instructions it has listed once it's finished.
8. Restart your computer in regular mode.
9. Find an anti-virus that will protect you from now on. There are many out there that are free if you can not afford to pay $70 to $80.
Downloading music from free sites, or movies from free sites can make your computer vulnerable to viruses, trojans, key-loggers, and spy-ware. It is much safer to pay for your music and movies instead of chancing the life of your computer.