Trivia Questions and Answers for Valentine Day Parties
Can You Correctly Answer These Questions?
The first major holiday to celebrate after the first of the year is Valentines Day. This article is a set of trivia questions with answers at the end. Feel free to use these trivia questions for your parties, trivia nights and get togethers. These trivia questions are a great idea for adding some fun to your parties.
1. True or False; Valentines Day is the largest card giving holiday?
2. The name Valentine comes from which of the following? English, Latin, Italian or Greek
3. The giving of Valentines started during which century? 16Th, 17Th or 18Th.
4. In what year did Valentines Day be declared an official holiday?
5. Which country began the tradition?
6. What does the word Valentine stand for or mean?
7. True or False; Did girls eat unusual food on Valentines Day to help them dream about who they would marry?
8. An ancient Celtic tradition was giving what with carved hearts on it, as a Valentines gift?
9. Love messages were first sent on cards during what century? 16Th, 17Th, or 20Th.
10. Who first introduced Valentines Day as a Pagan ceremony in England? It was later dropped as a pagan belief.
11. How much does the average American spend on Valentines Day? $50, $75, $80, $100.
12. The greeting card association estimates that 85% of all cards are bought by what sex?
13. Including children exchanging cards, how many Valentines are bought each year? 700 million, 800 million, 900 million, 1 billion, 2 billion.
14. What percent of women send themselves flowers on valentines Day?
15. What percent of pet owners give their pets a gift on Valentines Day?
16. On Valentines Day in 1876, Alexander Graham Bell applied for a patent on what invention of his?
17. In what year was the St. Valentines Day Massacre in Chicago?
18. How many different cards does Hallmark make for Valentines Day? 1000, 1250, 1300, 1330
19. About how many roses are sold over a three day period around Valentines Day? 1 million, 100 million, 200 million.
20. Cupid was the son of what Roman God?
You can set up a fun grading schedule as follows. (A 20 to 18 correct, B 17 to 16, C 15 to 14, D 13 to 12)
This trivia is a great way to bring an over all knowledge of Valentines day at your parties. The main goal is to have fun with it.
1. False 2. Latin 3. 17Th 4. 1537 5. England 6. Valor 7. True 8. Wooden spoons 9. 17Th 10. Romans
11. $75 12. Female 13. 1 billion 14. 15% 15. 3% 16. Telephone 17. 1929 18. 1330 19. 100 million 20. Venus
sources; www.corsinet.com, www.romancestruck.com