|How to Make Homemade Rice Noodles|
|Written by Daryl Jeffries|
How to Make Homemade Rice Noodles
Making homemade rice noodles, which are very popular in south and southeast Asia, takes two steps. First step will be the making of the rice flour and the second step will be making the noodles from the homemade rice flour. There are several methods for making rice flour at home, listed below is what seems to be the best. This followed by the steps for making the noodles from the flour.
Making Rice Flour:
1. Take dry rice and put it in a rinsing bowl and rinse the rice with cold water. Stir the rice so that all the rinse is rinsed.
2. Place the rice in a large pot full of water so that it can soak for 15-20 minutes.
3. Take the rice from the pot of water and spread it across a clothe on a smooth surface so that it can dry. Depending of room climate, the rice can take upwards of 60 minutes to dry.
4. Put the rice in a food processor or blender and turn it on high for 5 minutes.
5. Pour the rice through a flour sifter. Allowing the rice that is fine enough to pass through to an awaiting mixing bowl.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the rice has been ground enough to place through to the mixing bowl.
The rice should now be in a flour state and ready to be used to make the rice noodles.
Making Rice Noodles:
1. Slowly add water to the mixing bowl, mixing the rice flour into a ball that can be kneaded.
2. Knead the rice flour until it is no longer flaky.
3. With a rolling pin, roll the kneaded rice dough out to whatever thickness you desire your noodles to be. Note that spaghetti style noodles should be rolled out thinner than flat noodles. They will gain their thickness when rolled into spaghetti noodles.
4. Cut the dough to the width you desire. Roll those stripes you wish to be spaghetti style noodles.
5. You may boil them at this time for some delicious homemade rice noodles or place the stripes on a cookie sheet and allowed to dry so they can be cooked later.
6. Once cooked add it to your favorite soup for added flavor.