|Written by manfredsnelling|
Intro-- Basketball is an extremely fun game that millions of people all over the world play. Despite the fact that so many play the game, very few make it to a higher level such as college or professional. If you are looking to take your game up a notch then you need to follow this guide to become a better basketball player.
Things You Need-- A Notebook, A Place to Practice, Internet Connection
1. To become the best basketball player possible you need to study the game of basketball. Get on the internet and look up the rules of basketball. Make sure that you have a decent understanding of the rules so that when you get in a situation in a game you will know your best course of action.
2. The next step you are going to do is to look up the correct fundamentals of shooting, passing, dribbling, and defense. Read as much as you can on these topics and evaluate your own skills. Are you shooting the basketball the correct way? Is your body in the right position for defense? These are all things you need to figure out and adjust in order to be the best ball player.
3. Lastly you need to look up some drills to improve your shooting, dribbling, and footwork. You will incorporate these into your daily training.
4. Take your note book and write down some of your goals and how you plan on achieving them. Your notebook will be your basketball bible so you will also be keeping track of the days you practiced, what you did, how many free throws you shot and made, and any other statistic you feel pertinent to achieving your goal.
5. The most important thing you can do to become a better basketball is to practice, practice, practice. There are 3 things you should practice every session-- free throw shooting, regular shooting, and your ball handling skills. Set up a schedule so that you practice these elements three or four times throughout the week.
6. The final element to becoming a better basketball player is to work on your conditioning. You need to run, jump rope, lift weights, and more in order to take your fitness level to the next notch.
Tips-- Make sure that you keep good notes in your basketball notebook. This will help you with what you need to work on and where you are making improvements.