|Written by Bill Hanks|
Columbus Day makes for a great three day weekend in the Fall. ¬†Many individuals like to set up special parties and events over this weekend. ¬†In some places, it is the final chance to do something outdoors before the cold weather hits. This article is a set of trivia questions with answers at the end. ¬†You can use these for your Columbus Day weekend events.
1. ¬†In what year did Columbus set sail for the new world?
2. ¬†What country did Columbus represent?
3. ¬†Name the three ships that he used.
4. ¬†How many individuals was his crew?
5. ¬†Which ship was missing on his return?
6. ¬† Which President declared Columbus Day a Federal Holiday?
7. ¬†Did Columbus ever return to North America?
8. ¬†Was Columbus ever arrested?
9. ¬†Where was Columbus born?
10. What was the name he gave to the island he first landed on?
11. ¬†On what date of the month did he land?
12. ¬†What was the main reason for his voyage?
13. ¬†Did Columbus prove the world was round or is it a myth?
14. ¬†How many men remained behind, when Columbus returned?
15. ¬†How many survived?
Answers; 1492, Spain, Nina, Pinta, Santa Maria, 90, Santa Maria, Kennedy, yes, yes, Italy, San Salvador. October 12, To find a new trade route to Asia, myth, 39, none.
Please feel free to use these trivia questions in your classroom or for family gatherings.