How To Make A Delicious Meat Pie
This recipe makes two meat pies. You can save time by making two and freezing one for another day.
Items You Will Need
3/4 Pounds of Ground Beef-Uncooked and Lean Fresh or Thawed
1 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1/4 Cup of Diced Onions
1 Cup Grated Carrots
1-1/$ Cups of Diced Celery
2 Cups of Grated Potatoes
2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
4 Pie Crusts (store bought or homemade)
1 Teaspoon Beef Bouillon Granules
1 Can of Mushroom Gravy
1 Can of Mushroom Stems and Pieces
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
2 Tablespoons Flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Have your pie crusts ready (homemade or store bought, make sure the crusts are in 9 inch pans)
2. In a bowl combine the potatoes, celery, carrots, onions, ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper (first eight items listed) and mix well.
3. Spoon the mixture into two of the pie crusts. Place another pie crust on top of each of the filled pie crusts and seal the edges by pinching the two layers together.
With a knife make slits in the top crusts.
Put one pie in a freezer-safe container (one that protects food from freezer burn).
4. Place the pie on the lower rack and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour
Make The Gravy Following The Steps Below
6. Drain mushrooms and set the juice aside. Add water to the mushroom juice to equal one cup
7. In a saucepan combine the mushrooms, flour, and oil. Cook until bubbly.
8. Remove from heat and stir in the bouillon granules and mushroom liquid. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1 minute
9. Serve with the pie. The gravy can be spooned onto the pie.
Delicious and filling