|Written by jblovly|
Many women love to buy wigs to change their appearance. Wigs can provide a change in your look by having hair that is a different length than yours, a different color, a different style, or all characteristics mixed in. The only problem with wigs is that sometimes when you purchase them, they have an awful synthetic shine to them. It makes the hair look like plastic. The last thing that any woman wants is their hair to look fake and like plastic. Women want their hair to have a natural shine and natural flow to it. With my instructions, you should be able to remove the artificial shine from your wig with ease and simplicity.
1. The first thing that you need to do just to remove the gloss of the wig is the simplest thing, you need to wash it. It is best to use a mild shampoo on the wig(you may also use a fabric softener). Do not bunch the hair up while you wash it, instead apply the shampoo, and dip it in and out of cold water until all the shampoo is removed. If you bunch up the hair it will become tangled. Be sure not to comb the wig while wet.
2. Let your wig air dry after washing. When it is dry, check to see if the wigs synthetic shine is gone. If it is still too shiny and plastic looking for your liking, you can go on to the next step.
3. Pour a cup of white or apple cider vinegar into a bowl. Soak the wig in it for about 10-15 minutes. The vinegars acid breaks down the shine barrier that the wig has on it. Then rinse out the wig with the shampoo and cold water and let it air dry. In most cases after this step, the wig should have a more natural shine to it and not a plastic shine.
4. If washing the wig with shampoo, and then doing the vinegar soak does not work, your last step is to use powder. This can be any kind of powder, I recommend baking powder.
7. You wig should now have a more natural shine to it so it looks like your own hair.