|Written by jblovly|
Eyeshadow primer is used to set your eyeshadow. It will ultimately help your eyeshadow, eyeliner, and even certain eye glitters stay on for as long as possible. Without eyeshadow primer, your eye makeup will most likely being to flake, fade, or disappear completely sometimes in less than two hours. Since eyeshadow primer can be very expensive, I will teach you how to make your own that is very cheap. You may even already have the supplies in your house right at this moment its so easy.
What You'll Need:
Unscented Body Butter
1. Before beginning this DIY, I must make it clear that no measurements will be used, so it is important to have your concealer and foundation mix about the same measurement as the unscented body butter.
2. Take out your sample jar and liquid concealer. Then squeeze out the concealer into the jar so that its about 1/4 of it in the jar. The liquid concealer is what's going to make any eye makeup you place on top of it stick without any type of creasing.
3. Add in your liquid foundation, again estimating to about 1/4 so the sample jar is 1/2 full. Mix the liquid concealer and the liquid foundation with the toothpick. It is important to have in liquid foundation just in case the concealer you use does not match your skin tone. The liquid foundation in the eye primer will also yield as a moisturizer to your eyes.
4. Now the remaining half in the sample jar should be filled with the unscented body butter. Mix it thoroughly with the toothpick making sure there are no lumps or bubbles and that everything is blended completely. The body butter is what's going to ultimately help the eyeshadow primer glide on smoothly and adhere to helping stop the creasing of your eye makeup as the liquid concealer. This is also a moisturizing agent.
5. Now that you are finished, apply the eyeshadow primer, then apply your eye makeup as usual. Enjoy the long lasting effects.