|Written by Bill Hanks|
Although this article is written with school students in mind, it can easily apply to anyone. ¬†If you find yourself being late, check these suggestions to help yourself.
1. ¬†Understand what the meaning of being on time is. ¬†Think about. ¬†There is a reason why everyone should be on time. ¬†Try to always be early. ¬†Sometime you will be late for reasons you can't control.
2. ¬†Students that are always on time are usually the ones with the best grades. ¬†They are also the ones that usually get the scholarships.
3. ¬†Get plenty of sleep and set up a sleeping routine that works for you.
4. ¬†Use your alarm clock. ¬†I use both electric and battery powered. ¬†If the power goes off during the night, the battery powered clock wakes me.
5. ¬†Know what time you are expected to be at school. ¬†Then, subtract 10 to 15 minutes from it. ¬†This way short delays won't hurt you.
6. ¬†If you have constant problems, like a bus always late, let the teacher and office know. ¬†Some tardinesses are not your fault.
7. ¬†Know what your teachers expectations are. ¬†Do they expect you in your desk by a certain time? ¬†Are there before class chores to do? ¬†All situations are different.
8. ¬†Double check transportation. ¬†Bus schedules change in public transportation. ¬†Personal vehicles run low on fuel. ¬†The weather can change.
Successful individuals make no excuses. ¬†They are always prepared and one step ahead of anything, that comes their way.