How to Block Pornographic websites
If you have younger children that access your computer, you may want set up the parental controls on your computer. This way they won't be able to view pornographic material or anything with a mature content rating.This can be done very easily on your windows system by customizing the Parental Controls section to the necessary level.
** Open Parental Controls **
Click on Start > Control Panel > and under User Accounts you should see Parental Controls and Family.
Click on that and open the Parental Controls Menu.
** Customizing the Parental Controls **
1. Select the User Account that you wish to block pornographic websites from, if they don't have their own and use yours, click 'Create a new user account' at the bottom of the screen. You set the password or leave it unprotected so you can access it at any time.
2. Then, Make sure that 'On' is selected for Parental Controls
3. And, Make sure that 'On' is selected for Activity Reporting
4 On the right under the user icon, you can change the Web Restrictions, Time Limits, Game Ratings, Program Limits.
** Web Restrictions **
1. Click 'Block Some websites or content'
2. Under 'Allow and Block Specific Websites', click on 'Edit the Allow and Block List'.Ā In here, if you know any specific mature content sites that you want to block you can type in the name http://example.com and then click on 'Block'. You can also put in all the sites that you want to allow and do the same and click allow, then once you click OK it will take you back to the main screen and click 'Only allow websites on the list'.
3. Block content Automatically, select the level at which you want windows to block mature content websites. High, Medium, None, Custom
4. Click on Custom, a box will open and you can select all the ones you want blocked.
5. Check on the 'Block file downloads' if you don't want them downloading anything off the web.