|Written by ManfredSnelling|
The Social Security System is a government office where you can get a Social Security Number that will prove that you are a Filipino Citizen. The Social Security System of the Philippines also manages Personal Loans, ID information, Member Contributions and other benefits such as Maternity/Paternity loan and contributions for the Deceased SSS Member. If you are employed in a Company, your SSS contributions automatically deducts in your Monthly salary.
Here are some things you need to know how to do in order to get an SSS number;
1. Go to the nearest SSS Office near you. Get an Application form from the Attending Assistance and fill up the required details.
2. Fill up the E-6 form Application.
3. Present the requirements needed for verification. Like NSO Certified Birth-Certificate, Baptismal Certificate and 2 valid IDâ€™s.
4. You will be advice to have a picture taken inside the office for ID Clearance.
5. After everything is done, you will be given a claim stab to get your SSS ID at the Main office or just wait for the SSS ID to be mailed to you at your Home or Office.
6. As soon as you have your SSS ID Card make sure that the name written on the card is completely yours. Also check if the spelling of your Name is correct to avoid False Identity. If that happens, you can contact their office or you can go directly to their officer for further clarification. The SSS ID Card is one of the Government issued ID that is generally acceptable to use for any business transaction. Any Loss or damage shall be subject for a fee prior to the replacement. So be responsible to take good care of that.