|Written by deanna polito-laughinghouse|
Eating chili is a great way to eat fiber and nutritious vegetables. You can serve this as vegetarian chili by leaving out the meat.
You can also make the chili in the crockpot without the meat and cook your meat separately and serve it on the side. This works great if you are serving vegetarians and meat eaters at the same time.
* 1-2 pounds of ground meat, beef, turkey or chicken
1. Brown onion and garlic in olive oil. (about 4 minutes)
2. Add meat and brown. (If you are not adding meat add browned onion and garlic into crockpot.)
3. Add all canned ingredients into crockpot.
4. Add all spices. Stir.
5. Cook on low for about 6 hours. Or cook on high for 4 hours.