|Written by Pamela Karoub|
How not to find a job.Â Well this is a good twist.Â The positive side isn't working for us, so if we concentrate on what NOT to do maybe one of us will land something paying more than $8 an hour.
1. Send resumes online with spelling errors.
2. Send resume without simple cover letter.
3. Lie on your resume. YouÂ will get caught and won't THAT be fun?
4.Â Send a resume that looks unprofessional, messy and is more than one page long.
5. If you get an interviewÂ wear a brown suit. (Instead of professional black)
6.Â SendÂ those scam artists money to get a job (such as membership and processing fees).
7. Brag about yourself and bad-mouth former employers
8. Forget your phone number on the cover letter
9. Go to an interview (if you get one) with dirty shoes and spinach in your teeth.
10. Show up late for an interview.
11. Apply to every job online you don't qualify for.
12. Apply only toÂ jobs that pay over $90,000 and have a company car.Â
13. Don't get your computer fixed when it crashes.
14. Watch TV all day and wait for the phone to ring.
Most of us are doing everything right but it isn't working, especially in Michigan.Â You can't walk in the door of a business anymore and ask for an application.Â You can only apply online and sometimes it is frustrating and you never hear from anyone.Â I give up.Â I'm going to do all the wrong things and see if that works.Â What the heck!