|Written by Daryl J.|
How to Become a Certified Computer Technician
You have several options on to become a certified computer technician. You can:
1. Ā go to college and major in computer science.
2. Ā go to trade school and get certified upon graduate.
3. take formal courses to prepare you for the CompTIA A+ Certification Testing.
4. study on your own for the CompTIA A+ Certification Testing.
With the exception of #1, the more prestigeous of the options would be studying for and passing the CompTIA A+ Certification Testing. Since your testing preparation is taken care of whenyou take formal training classes, my focus will be on self preparation for the CompTIA A+ Certification Testing.
1. Be sure that you have a computer which you can practice on.
2. Obtain a copy of one of the manyĀ CompTIA A+ Certification Test preparation Ā books. You can a selection to chose from at any of the major chain bookstores like Borders or Barnes & Noble.
3. Study: Read and practice. Read and practice. There are two parts to the A+ certification test. There is the written and hands on test.
4. You must then schedule a testing time. There is a fee for taking the two parts of the test.
5. Go wiz through the test and then
6. You have become an A+ Certified Technician
Note that in the ever changing field of computer electronics there is more and more that the technician must know and do. Therefore it would be a good idea to continue on to further your education with advanced CompTIA A+ training. Remember the more qualified you are the better your chance of finding your job of choice.